Saturday, April 2, 2016

Work work work work work

Now that I got your attention with the most skipped song on the radio. I decided to give you an update on my thoughts and life in CA.

Keep in mind I haven't even been in CA for a month yet. First of all I love California's weather. Everyday is the perfect temperature not to hot, not to cold. It is hard to be upset when the weather is always on your side. Second of all I love the job I am on. I was promised I would move to California in order to be an assistant superintendent and I was given just that. I have a lot of responsibilities but I am able to spend 90% of my day on site working directly with the subcontractors who our setting the foundation for our building. The combination of the weather and looking forward to going to work is something to be happy about.

However ...

I am constantly being asked if I like California, if I see myself living here for awhile. Unlike people who know where they were born to be living, I don't know where I am set out to live. I hate the part of life where people think about things permanently. I am still pretty young, you can ask the guys on site they think I'm 12. I do not know where I want to end up, and it is still too early to know if I am in love with California. It would be naive of me to tell you that "OMG I LOVE CALIFORNIA I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE". I have been here for 21 days, would you marry someone after knowing them 21 days? If you said yes to that, please message me or email me, we need to talk.

I came out to California for the experience. To say I lived in California, to work for another superintendent who believed in me, and because life is to short to say no to opportunities.

The time difference has been pretty hard with keeping up with my family who live in the boondocks of Upstate NY. But my mom has pushed her bed time back till 10pm on some nights so I can still catch her at my 7pm.

To having dreams but also being a realist.

Anybody with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment