Sunday, May 22, 2016

I can't stop the feeling.....

Justin Timberlake's new song is a happy go lucky hit, although this blog post will be somewhat melancholy. I can't complain about the beautiful California weather and some of the best tasting fruit I have ever had. But as my siblings are hitting life milestones it's hard being so far away.  When I was home I wouldn't even miss a little league game but now I'm missing college graduations, proms, honor society inductions and next month I will have a niece.  It is very hard at times to be 3000 miles from home and plane rides are even farther than my 45 minute flight from DC. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any regrets about moving. I am proud of myself for taking such a huge leap across the United States. I'm proud of myself for moving to a place with no family members or college friends. I took on a challenge not just at work but in life. 

But I feel like I have changed a little, and I hate who that person could become. I am a little homesick at times, I'm not afraid to admit it. But I am masking it with a bitter attitude and a couple of drinks. I have never been one to mask my emotions or even be negative. I have always had a smile on my face even when wearing braces.  I believe we have all had these moments in life, you know?  When people say life is a roller coaster, it has it's ups and downs. I think it's important to be able to know when you are in the "down". This way you can work on fixing it. By even just waking up early today and meal prepping for the week I already feel better. 

I think a lot of people use social media to express only the good things that happen in life. I think it's important to realize no matter how perfect someones life looks on Facebook you have no idea what they are going through. My little sister was recently in a car accident and the thought of being so far away from her killed me. Thank god she is fine even though the car was totaled. It takes events like that to make you realize that life could change so fast.

I have to be grateful for the opportunities I have been given and the places I have been able to travel. I am still very young and although I am far from home my family still loves me.  It's time to be happy because life is to short to be upset. 

Here's to being yourself because there is no one better!

Anybody with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment